Site Feedback
Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

marriage someone you don't know

can you marry someone you just meet on website or somthing like that 

Share:

• Posted by ER Nov 02, 2013
  • 7 comments

Comments

why not 

I could never do it, but people do it all the time. The most popular reason strangers get married is to get a green card, but that is fraudulent and they can go to jail if they are caught.

Marriage is a serious commitment and it's not something you can get out of easily- you have to pay to get divorced and any assets acquired during the marriage usually have to be split in some way. Also, here in the United States, divorce takes a long time. I wouldn't want to be trapped like that with someone I don't know!

Maybe i will ,if he is a right man for me

no

Marriage is not a joke.It means responsibilily,two people live together,take care of their parents and children together,making a beautiful future life together.So I will find someone I know him deeply,not just see him few times.

Yes :)

I know two loving married couples who met online. Seriously they've both been married for years and are probably some of the best couples I know.

In most situation  , if there were some other people or more opportunities to choose , the anwser must be negative for most people I guess  . People are supposed to get married with some people they love . However, undeniable , So many people regard marriage as a sort of trade not only in barbarous areas , but also in some developed countries  . They really believe marriage can bring them some profit or benefit for their family , for their clans . It is also very common for those young girls who do not have any preference to choose . It can be seen in some other underveloped countries .

Add a comment