Site Feedback

Make phone call

Are you afraid of making phone call? Why and how to conquer that?

Share:

Comments

Are you afraid of making phone calls? Why and how do you conquer that? 

And yes I am xD. Especially with people I have never talked to on the phone before, I'm not sure why, but it makes me nervous haha. But I just press call, stop thinking and say what I have to say ^_^. Eventually though the more you talk to them the easier it will be - you won't be afraid anymore. But when I call the doctors or something, I write down what I want to say because I'm not good talking to strangers over the phone. 

Hello Ice:

When using Skype for my first  international calls, I was absolutely terrified.

I am often slow to try new things.   Webcams  had probably been available for about 5 years before I ever got a computer with one. 

What helped me was to have a lesson plan to use with my students.

One of the difficulties which students encounter, I think, is that they convince themselves that they can practice language by simply having a spontaneous   and casual conversation with a  new  "friend"

from  another  country.   That places a  heavy burden on both student and teacher.

So I  send my first lesson  to the student  before I  speak with them on Skype and they know what we will read together.  It is much easier for both persons  when they have something specific to read and discuss,  than it is when the student is expected to talk for  about half the time, about their "person".

OOPT

I agree with Elaina. I  feel nervous every time I want to make a call with the people I have never talked to. hahah I usually write them to build a rapport before pressing the call button :D

Me too :)
Don't know why but I'm affraid of making phonecall. I want to talk directly or send messages. So, sometimes, even talk via Skype that I can see the one who is talking with me, I still hate that kinđ of communication. Talking directly is the best way. I think :) 

I make phone calls since 3 :P

Add a comment