Site Feedback
Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

How often do you try to compare yourself with other people and why?

Share:

Comments

dont know but i have to say that i really like your answers

I often compare myself to others career-wise. If it's obvious that someone else is working harder then me I try to step up my game. It's not as much as a competition as though I don't want people to think I'm lazy or worse I myself feel like I'm lazy. Also, when I here someone else speak their second language wonderfully it makes me jealous and I strive to practice harder.

I don't try to, but I am sure i inadvertently, and possibly subconsciously, do it.

I never compare myself with anyone and I hate it when people compare themselves with me and get jealous.

Yes, Naatasha,  I am always comparing myself with other people.

I have found  that I am much more courteous and honest than most other human beings.

I'm usually told to look on others, act "as all do", but I think that it doesnt make any sence. Why should I compare myself to anyone else? They are they, and me is me (sorry, not sure that this phrase is correct), noone should care about strangers opinion (while its not a life threat, ofc).

In psychology there is a rule that says "no comparison with others is half the self-confidence" so i do not compare myself with others, sometimes i follow great persons to learn successful ways.

Add a comment