The Singles day
November the 11th（11.11）is The singles day. You may be interested in the reason why this day is called to be singles' day. That's because the number 1 just likes a stick(in Chinese called “gun zi”, and the singles in Chinese are called "guang gun "), then 11.11 with four sticks, obviously, is the day of bachelors. What will you do in the coming day?
So is this only celebrated in China? Like a forever alone day :P
I don't know whether is this celebrated in any other country. But this day stems from 1990s in China.
Forever alone? I don't think so. It's a day to remind people to express love soon and should be a day to get away from single.
We don't have it. The 11th of November in the UK and some other countries is to remember the past wars, especially WW1 and WW2. It's called Remembrance Day.
- Maroc en Septembre!
- Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan
- Is there an advanced English learner free in to practice English now?
- How to measure the progress foreign language learning?
- Need people to practise english
- What is your favorite expression in your native language?
- Il verbo accingersi e molto usato o no?
- Will you shed tears when listening to music?
- what is better Dracula college or corresponding courses
- What’s better – Regular Collegeor correspondence courses?