The Singles day
November the 11th（11.11）is The singles day. You may be interested in the reason why this day is called to be singles' day. That's because the number 1 just likes a stick(in Chinese called “gun zi”, and the singles in Chinese are called "guang gun "), then 11.11 with four sticks, obviously, is the day of bachelors. What will you do in the coming day?
So is this only celebrated in China? Like a forever alone day :P
I don't know whether is this celebrated in any other country. But this day stems from 1990s in China.
Forever alone? I don't think so. It's a day to remind people to express love soon and should be a day to get away from single.
We don't have it. The 11th of November in the UK and some other countries is to remember the past wars, especially WW1 and WW2. It's called Remembrance Day.
- Present/Present continuous
- FREE JAPANESE AS SECOND LANGUAGE LESSON (for English speakers and leaning Japanese)
- I need to learn German
- What are your Views on Indian culture?
- International business or foreign affairs?
- English learning
- Which are the phrasal verbs more common in English?
- Is there any English Friend ?
- Better at remembering the meanings Chinese characters than the sounds of the words
- Which station of the year you like more? Why?