Which is the best novel that you have read and which writer do you think is the best?
I know a lot of good writers and I can not say who is the best, but if we are talking about the novels, I prefer Remarque.
@erva - It was published in 1869. Do you think it connects well with today's generation ?
@erva- I have tried reading War and Peace in the past but there were too many characters and names to juggle at same time that made me confused.
The best novel that I read is the name of the winter(viento) by Patrick Rotfious. He write very well and I love the story.
I would choose most of Tolstoy's other books before War and Peace. I think the setting and the fact they didn't have iphones etc is irrelevant, a good book is timeless because human emotions and relationships haven't changed. The daily life of the characters in his books may be alien to me but he can capture my interest in the relationships between characters better than any modern British writer - at least to me.
I'm not sure what the best novel I've read is. I've read some really well written and highly praised books but they didn't mean as much to me as others which were lesser so but they had more of a connection to my life and what I care about. The most recent book I really connected with was 'The Trick Is To Keep Breathing' - Jane Galloway.
@ERVA- We got one here too :D
i really know so many good writers but for some reason i can't remember any one right now but for novels my favourite one is defenitly harry potter
- I need help to know what are the mistakes of my class redaction!
- Litterature Française
- salut, je veax parler le francais; is there anybody to help?
- Intercambiar idiomas
- Chanson française (Daniel Balavoine)
- Polyglot Project is booming!
- Study AbroadOutside Organization Study Abroad Scholarships
- 最近很无聊，想练习普通话的可以找我~ If you wanna practice mandarin, feel free to contact me~
- Spanish/Russian language exchange
- Estoy interesado en el intercambio de idiomas,hablo el español.!