Site Feedback

in your opinion,is mathematic difficult? :)

Share:

Comments

I would say it depends on the viewpoint. Math is universal it's the same everywhere so in that sense it's easy or convenient. As for myself yes I do find math difficult.

I think Maths is great because there's always a correct answer and a clear logical way to arrive at it. Everyone agrees on the answer and it can be proven. So to me it is easy.

I agree  that difficulty is dependent upon our ability to know certain  basic concepts.

Math, I think, is often poorly presented and badly taught.  I think a genuinely unique introduction can eliminate the diffuculties, but such introductions are  rare and not easily found.

Of course, the level of math studied is also important  to identify.

Math  as learned in Elementary Grades   1 through 6 is what creates our foundation.

If that is now well presented  and well acquired,  we can go through years of weak understanding of everything else.

One of my problems is that I went though 12 years of schooling and still never understood from the teachers and books, that when I saw a fraction  written such as   1/4  or   1/4th,   that it meant that the bottom number (denominator)   will be divided   INTO  the top number (numerator).

The other difficulty for me was understanding that Numerical Values are "plastic" or "gooey" as I like to say.    There are many different ways, mathematically,  of writing the identical value.

1, for example,   can be written as  1/1,  or    2/2,  or    3/3  etc.

(continued)

Other difficulties were caused by my confusion about the math AXIOMS which told me such things as that all numbers are conceptually, Multiplied by 1. Thus, 2 = 2 x 1, or 3 = 3 x 1This becomes important in Alegebraic Equations because this is a tool used to isolate the (-) sign

or negative value from any number.

This "plasticity" or the "gooey" characteristic, in the end though, showed me the "Beauty" in Mathematics. So, now, I am much impressed by Math as a pure logicaly science.

Math was so easy until they decided to mix the alphabet in it.

:D

Apart from joke maths is very easy and interesting subject if you know the formulas and logic.

math is a way of thinking , if you know the basics and you are intelligent then it will be easy for you

i'm not really good in math but i always try to improve and i did

Bruce, 1/4 means 1 is divided by 4. You can imagine it like this: Take a pizza and cut it into four equal pieces. If you take one (1) piece out of four (4) pieces it is denoted by 1/4 (one out of 4).

Similarly, 1 (whole pizza) can be written as: 1/1 (take one piece out of one piece), 2/2 (make two pieces and take two pices) or 3/3 and so on. So in each case it is the whole of pizza you are taking. Interesting, isn't it? 

About Axioms, my understanding is that these are assumptions and we accept these without proofs (Just like in religion there is an assumption that there is a God, we accept it without asking for proof and then the whole religion is based on this and more axioms). Then we build up mathematical theory on the basis of axioms. Everything in mathematics is proved with the help of already proved "proofs" or axioms.

There are three kinds of people:  those who find math easy, and those, like me, who find it difficult.

Bruce, 1/4 means 1 is divided by 4. You can imagine it like this: ----Nacir

Why are you "explaining" to me, what I just "explained" in my comment on the original post?

There are three kinds of people: those who find math easy, and those, like me, who find it difficult.---There are three kinds of people: those who find math easy, and those, like me, who find it difficult.-------Neil

That's a very funny   comment!  ha ha   Liked it!

Add a comment