Site Feedback

"progress" in China.

I have seen in the news media, that 15 years ago Beijing streets were full of bicycles. Now, they're full of automobiles. Surely there is someone on Italki who has an opinion about this. My dad: "the Chinese are making the sames mistakes we (Americans) made 45-50 years ago. Once they see the consequences they're going to regret it". Am I repreating myself? Did I write this before? Good.

Share:

Comments

Have you ever regreted it seeing the consequences you are facing?

Yes, many times. 

I want one of those 'flying pigeon' bikes, even though I think they are only single-speed or three-speed.

Hi, Alex, I fully agree with you. There are too many cars on road, even no place to park. That's one of the reason for me to sell out my car 2 years ago.  I also consider that's one of the key factor to cause heavy haze in Beijing. It's highly regrettable that some people of Beijing don't seem to be aware of it we face.

yeah~china is developing . but environment is always ignored 

Many Chinese are short and thin, they can have small cars.

许多中国人短和薄。他们可以有小型车。

Hi, Shill66, “短和薄“ are not the best adjective words to describe person in Chinese. Maybe you can say “小巧”.  Thanks.

yes, there are always too many cars in streets and people always get traffic jam. So sometimes riding bike is faster than driving car and is green. 

Hi, Cissi Chen.  Thank you for the suggestion to improve my use of adjectives in Chinese.  :)  I want to write in Chinese that most Chinese people are small.  Is the below sentence correct?

大多数中国人都小。

I also want to write in Chinese that most Americans are fat.  They need big cars.  Is the below sentence correct?

大多数美国人都胖。他们需要大排量汽车。

Add a comment