Site Feedback

Live together before getting married??

Is it better to live together with your bf/gf in one house before getting married or is it more better get married first before living together? hmmm Is it much better just have a live-in relationship why spend lot of money on wedding ceremony and eventually spend lot of money again for a divorce?

Share:

Comments

My answer to this question is based upon what God says and teaches in His Word, the Bible. God's divine order is first marriage, then sex and children. If a couple is living together before marrriage, the Bible teaches that they're living in adultery. Unfortunately, many people want to do things their way, and not God's way.

I suppose that if people have enough money to live together, that have ability to get married. Why do they always say about huge ceremony that costs a lot? If u don't want to do it with huge amount of relatives, just arrange the wedding together on the coast in the great country like Cuba. It's quite intimate event, u don't need other people. But if one partner don't want to get married, cos he is still not sure about this decision, he starts talking about money and so on. And I agree with Tom in question of religion, of course)

Poor Tom, he was just saying well-meaning words. I agree with Skolopendra, it's a quite intimate event, you don't need the big weeding hassle.

Would you want to purchase a car without a test drive?  I think not!  So why would you want to marry somebody first without giving him/her a test run? 

If a man uses a condom during premarital sexual intercourse, then there shouldn't be any negative consequences for the enjoyment of a non-married sex couple who can sexually climax together. Everybody must make sure that his/her prospective life long sexual partner will be sexually satisfying. ... :P .... Everybody should be able to do whatever the fock they want if there aren't any fu*k'ng repercussions.

Matt, I'm sorry that I preached a couple of meaningless Bible quotes to you during our last discussion. Please forgive me.

Doris, I read the news the other day that there was a powerful hurricane that hit the Philippines.  I see from your profile that you are from there.  I'm happy to see that you still have internet access.  I hope you and your family are safe and sound. 

Jacky, if u don't think that marriage and religion are related, it's ur own opinion and choice. But every person who believes in God (it doesn't have any meaning, which God) supposes the marriage to be saint, and it's great!) U accuse Tom of obtrusion of his attitude to religion and do the same.  

Sorry,what? I can't believe that u do really think so and see things soo.

Some years ago in Spain was more typical to first get married and then live together, but this situation has changed. Now less people is getting married, so couples move together and after a few years if they continue being happy together and they have enough money they will finally marry.

I don't want to live together first before marriage because of the following reasons below:

1.) Here in my country most of people who live together don't end up in marriage. it's either they broke up or end up of having no plan to marry.

2.) When their partner die the other one will not have any benefit because they are not legally married.

3.) when they broke up people will say they broke up because their relationship was not blessed.

4.) When the other have 3rd party you can't sue them.

5.) When problem rise up it is easy to decide to separate because we don't have marriage commitment.

Hey, Tom ...  I would like to share a quote with you that I got from another italki user.  "I thought this (italki) was a language forum? It would be nice if religious freaks could stay out of at least one place!"  ( Italki user Amul from the United Kingdom, 16.11.13) 

Add a comment