How do I know the objects are feminine or masculine such as book... why is it feminine?
1. Most nouns ending in ا (a) or ھ (h) are masculines.
joota جوتا (shoe), anda انڈا (egg), naghma نغمہ (song)
2. nouns ending in ی (i) are mostly feminines
gari گاڑی (train), sardi سردی (cold)
3. Words taken from arabic and ending in ت (t) are feminine
harkat حرکت (movement), maseebat مصیبت (problem) etc.
Otherwise, gender of all other nouns (like book) should be learnt by heart. The best way to learn gender of nouns is to learn expressions and sentences by heart in which they appear.
- wo can help me，i needed a friend
- Need someone who can speak Japanese, I will help with English in return.
- How to tell someone here is not only for language study but also dating?
- Need language partner
- 帮帮我 :-)
- Looking for participators of English study group using Skype.
- What do you think about nuclear weapon?
- Main English Concerns
- 한국어를 배우는 이유가 무엇이에요?