Site Feedback

How to say : no?

When someone ask me for help or to do something, I'll give them a favor all the time.In fact,I'm not willing to do something of them.I don't know how to refuse others.what can I do?

Share:

Comments

Hi Stephen.   Good question.

I am able to say things like the following.

"It is not convenient for me to do that."

"I have other things to do."

[and by the way, if someone is manipulative with you, and demands to know what things,

which is an intrusion upon your privacy, you can inform them that you have no difficulty

distinguishing between Private and Public activities, and as a consequence,

you are not "obligated" to the other person in an objective way."]

A  firmer way of dealing with manipulative people would be to inform them that you are not

their Mommy or Daddy.

One of the needs in life that we all share  Stephen, is the necessity to establish boundaries

between yourself and others.  I suggest that you   break the habit of continually making yourself

available to "help" others. 

In addition, you can begin  dealing with manipulative people by demanding that they begin doing things for you.  That usually will put an end to that sort of neediness.

( Warning : Be careful . . . Silly man wrote this comment . . . stay save and don't read it )

First : you can say ( NO ) directly ,

Second : you can ask them to do alot & alot of things for you, in return to do things for them, trust me . . . they will stop asking you again, to make you stop asking them,

Third : you can act as a stupid man, and do everything that they ask from you in completely wrong, 

then, they will stop asking you again, and maybe they will end their relation with you,
but it's ok Bro . . . the most important thing is that ( Your problem is solved ),

To be continued . . .

But for serious :

Helping people is a very good thing, why do you want to stop helping them?

trust me, helping people is one of the things that will make you feel the real happiness in life,

but if you are not willing, or can't help them, or you think that they are just lazy people who always need help without trying, just use the honesty way & say ( NO ) with beautiful words like :

( No, I am so sorry, I wish I can help, but I really can't, sorry again . . . Now, Get Lost )

Bro . . . I am kidding about get lost, if you said (Get Lost) to anyone, maybe you will become the one who needs help . . . LoL :))

if you have no intention to do somebody a favour. just decline. to decline is to say NO politely.
it s your right to say No whenever you want, wherever you want to whomever you want.

I"m sorry, I can't. 

I really wish I could but I have ( an appointment, a test, a family thing to do... etc..)

I am super busy this weekend, but maybe next time.

Actually I am not feeling well, but I wish I could help.

I have out of town company, and they need me to constantly entertain them.

I have a ton of chores to do and am so behind on housework, so sorry.

etcc..

The art of making excuses. 

Add a comment