Site Feedback

Is it alright to stay lonely?

What do you do when you don't fit in a group? Is it better to try your best and change yourself so that you are exactly the same as them? Or is better to stay lonely? And what are the benefits of staying lonely? (If there are any) :-)

Feel free to give me your personal opinion...

Share:

Comments

It depends what kind of group is on your mind. If this group has same goal as you, same direction or interest, it is better  to adjust to this group. A tourist group, you are a tourist, a language group, you are a student, a music group, you are a musician, a political group, you are a politician......If you have a feeling that you can achieve your aim by help of this group so stay, if you have a feeling that this group pulls you down and you don,t have a power to pull it up so go away... Remember you are not alone! Never! Your best friend is always in your reach...

when you say "lonely" you might mean that you do try to fit into a group but nobody gives a thing about your presence, simply put, your being ignored, now that can be a lonely experience.

but if you choose to be "alone" that is not being lonely. It is your choice not to be with someone or be with a circle of friends.

I too sometimes prefer to be alone and not feel lonely, I get to observe the world around me, and appreciate my life and all the things that I've experienced, even if don't have much.

:)

Is it better to try your best and change yourself so that you are exactly the same as them?

Only if that will make you happy and there are benefits of being the same as them !

Or is better to stay lonely ? And what are the benefits of staying lonely ?

I think staying lonely is the normal ! so the question should be

"What are the benefits of being exactly the same as them ?!!"

well, If that change will be against my principles, dignity and comfort, I wouldn't even care about being with them. but if I found some tempeory benifits from being Well, If that change will be against my principles, dignity and comfort, I wouldn't even care about being within that goup. But if I found some temporary benefits from being among them, I would compromise. but not over my principles. Loneliness for me is just an opportunity to think about lots of things in my life and sometimes I invest it to do something usefull or enjoyable to convert it to be a time for happiness instead of being a time for sadness. So it's normal and easy to be alone without being lonely. as there is a big difference between being alone and being lonely.
Simply, you can do whatever you love when you be alone. For me, some times I paint, sing, read or learn something new. however I'm not lonely and have lots of nice friends but I mostly prefer to be with myself for a while.among them i would compromise

Well, If that change will be against my principles, dignity and comfort, I wouldn't even care about being within that goup. But if I found some temporary benefits from being among them, I would compromise. but not over my principles. Loneliness for me is just an opportunity to think about lots of things in my life and sometimes I invest it to do something usefull or enjoyable to convert it to be a time for happiness instead of being a time for sadness. So it's normal and easy to be alone without being lonely. as there is a big difference between being alone and being lonely.
Simply, you can do whatever you love when you be alone. For me, some times I paint, sing, read or learn something new. however I'm not lonely and have lots of nice friends but I mostly prefer to be with myself for a while.

Thanks for all the comments, and well the ''group'' is good and bad! I simply dont know how to put it in better words than that. But yes, for me being alone is a great feeling as I know that even when no one is around, I am my own happiness. (As vain as that sounds! :P )

Add a comment