Site Feedback

My heart is in my boots.

Have you ever been at such a situation when you had had a real fear? If yes, what kind of situation it was? How have you deal at it? Has it had a consequence till now?  Have you took a lesson from it?

Share:

Comments

"Every one must respect me!" You have written that in your previous discussion... How would you like to achieve it? How can you force anybody to respect you? Is the respect of others only thing which matters in the life for you? What do you understand under the word "respect"?

Ayad.. I was reading your discussion where you had been very angry about behavior of some person, who is constatly bothering or offending you. Right now I can not find this discussion, maybe it is deleted, coz of very emotional contest of it.. In that discussion you have used this sentence "Every one must respect me" what of course has catched my attention. By some coincidence you have reacted on my question.  It is why I have written this sentence immediately. I know that I don,t know to prove  that you have told it - but despite of that thanks a lot for your response. I always claim, we don,t have any good wars and any bad peace. War hurts innocent same as gilty ones. Peace is only good. What could calm down a  grudge between religious muslim,s groups in your country?

I apologize for a smal imperfection of me. He can love you and despite of that he will not respect you, he can hate you and don,t respect you again because of his personality qualities. This same we can say in opposite.. he loves you and respects you, he hates you but despite of that he has some degree of respect to you. "Must" doesn,t work for people, coz of a free will. "Must" should be oriented towards our "innerness " to ourself.

Ayad... Don,t you think that you in some way dragged these bullets on you? Every man, every woman who experiences some kind of injuries or unjustice- me included - he and she is the first cause of it.  Innocent children suffer coz of evil deeds of their parents. You and your country will be again happy and free if you start to understand and if you stop to use  bullets of words and if you are able to keep peace inside of you - whatever happens or had happened to you! "I get angry" citation of you "He must respect me" and so on... these all sentences are tests from God to you... Have I passed the test of peace today? My reply - my opinion - you didn,t. I,m a very simple person and my intention is not to mentor you ... just I,m practicing English and this my message is ... I love this Earth from bottom of my heart and a reason why the americaners fight in your country is unknown to me. You will tell me that the reason is  crude oil. However, as a lover of Earth and a naive person I will tell you that they are protecting this Earth against fires of oil,s wells. Same it is with nuclear plants.- Protection of life.- Wars are ugly, dirty, unfair. We are born for happiness and beauty in all forms. Every silly woman putting a make-up on her face is doing more for welfare of humanity as - all religious debates which are claiming the superiority of it... Peace.. it is a practise of English... thank you that you have provoked me to write such a long story.

Ayad... You know that the prophets are messengers of God, they came in a proper time to a proper place to warn a king (government) about unrighteousness. However, it is not a contest of this debate, or at least it is not my intention to slip into religious debate and to claim my points of views against yours.. What I,m claiming is that you as a person - that you (and therefore your nation) are fully Responsible for what had happened to you!!(and to your nation) Same as I,m fully RESPONSIBLE for what had happened to me (and my nation)and each and every member of italki is RESPONSIBLE for what had happened and will happen to him or her (and his-her nation). Despite of that whether you acknowledge it or not!!! We are masters of our destiny! ---The problems are very complicated, it included economical, historical, geographical, social problems.--- citation from your previous message... I want to remark by this that - " your so called problems - have been  an indirect invitation for foreign troops to opperate in your country!!... got it??!!... It is why I like to practise my written English with you! To explain you that - you are fully responsible for your previous sentences "He must respect me".."I get very angry!"... I don,t want to change you, I don,t want to change the world... I just wanted only to practise my English.. Thanks a lot for having me in this chat... Peace over all!!

Eva, that is the most messed up thing I think I've ever seen you write. How can anyone be responsible for the actions and choices of another?  How is Ayad or any other Iraqi responsible for American imperialism?  What about the children of Iraq? Did they bring the war on themselves, too?!  And then there's Afghanistan... and the innocent victims of drone attacks in Pakistan...  I suppose you're going to say they deserve it also?  How can you possibly say such things?!  Really? You really think like that???

How is someone being struck by a stray bullet any different than a child dying in a car accident?  Did they bring that on themselves, too?  You say you love peace but to think and talk like that is harsh and will only lead to resentments.

@Phoenix- You and me we are a part of this world.( smal particles, drops in the ocean) Do you agree?

How can anyone be responsible for the actions and choices of another?- Very simply. You are a part of game of this particular situation. If you have not been responsible you have not been the part of this chat-conflict or event or situation. Your thoughts are twisting about this particular problem, you are the part of this problem, you are living in this situation (with your thoughts), you are fighting. Your power, your energy, your focus is to blame Americans for war. You are in the war too. You know that wars are uncorrect. You want to change it. So change your focus  from fight to peace. This change starts in you and in me. Remedy: a) I,m a peacemaker b) I,m responsible for my life, for my country ---if "really" I,m the peacemaker and responsible for my country -- c) americans don,t have a place in my country (Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Afganistan)

- How is someone being struck by a stray bullet any different than a child dying in a car accident? Did they bring that on themselves, too? - I claim - yes - The child is in responsibility of his - her parent! The parent is responsible at first place.

Taking a responsibility for own life is really Harsh and really leads to resentments. (easier way is to blame others... I blame you that I,m unhappy, I blame you that you didn,t buy me flowers, I blame you that I don,t know to dance, to smile, to sing, not to have a drinking water, not having nice house, not having what to eat etc.)

OMG.  I sincerely hope there is a misunderstanding here.

What you are saying is like saying that if someone walked up to you on the street, not knowing you, not having met you before, having no reason to hurt you, and they stabbed and killed you that it would be YOUR fault you were stabbed.  

You would only be responsible for getting stabbed if you had been the initial agressor.  If you had attacked and proved them first only then would you be responsible for bringing that on yourself because the other person would simply be defending himself.  If you did nothing to him then he would be responsible for his actions.

The child that dies in a car crash certainly isn't driving the car and therefore is NOT responsible. The person who caused the accident would be responsible.

You told Ayad that it's his fault he was struck by a bullet.  He didn't pull the trigger on the gun that bullet came from. He didn't shoot at the other person first.  Therefore, he isn't responsible for what happened to him.  

What you are doing is blaming the victim and that is so very wrong.  It's the thinking of a tyrant!

What I,m saying is that we are MAGNETS!! We are attracting people, situations, cirumstances accordance of our beliefs. Both sides are responsible, I,m not defending aggressors at any case. I,m claiming that before bullets which struck Ayad - had been bullets which struck innocent people in Kuvajt. Ayad,s bullets  had come after this event. Aggressor (in our case Americans) had had a perfect opportunity to make an order in Iraq. My silly idea is that they doesn,t want to have a new state -- Kurdistan--- just watch a map of Kurdistan and think who will have problems after Kurds starts their holy war. The aggressor and the wictim are 50 to 50 responsible.  I,m so sorry that you can not ackowledge it. I wish you had only thoughts of victors - not victims! If the thoughts of peace, love and understanding are thoughts of tyrants...so what are the thoughts of victims???  If the responsibility for own life is thinking of the tyrant....so again what are the thoughts of victim? Try to reply on these questions, please...

hahahh... Yes, Ayad, I,m a great mixer or blender. I mix all together. In my oppinion it has a logic, in your oppinion not. So - we let this topic of responsibility for now to rest. Time shows! What we can do is - to grow in the knowledge. Only a small remark - God punishes sins of people for four generations, and blesses those who love him.

Add a comment