Cassy
How to improve my English writing and reading? I am a senior high school student in China.Next year,I will attend an exam which plays an important role in my future.Thus,I am eager to improve my English.I hope you could give me some advice.
Nov 29, 2013 3:08 AM
Comments · 6

English is not a very easy language to learn, but if you use the right materials and practice with many people, you can definitely master the English language. Having good English skills will give you a great advantage in getting a job, in getting raises, and getting promotions.

There are many ways to improve your English skills: Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Vocabulary. However, you should not try to improve each skill separately. Working on one skill in isolation will slow down your learning. For example, I have met many people who can read and write English well, but have a hard time speaking and communicating with others even after many years of studying English. The main problem is that they learned the logic and structure behind every sentence to pass exams, but did not study to be able to communicate. Although passing exams is important, but the number 1 reason to learn a language is to communicate.

Determination, native speakers, and confidence are your best friends while learning a foreign language. Don't worry if you make mistakes. For every mistake you make, you'll learn something new. So why not go out of your way to make at least a hundred mistakes a day? Your confidence will increase, and so will your ability to communicate. If you would like more help, please let me know and I will gladly help you!

"LET ME TRY TEACHING YOU HOW TO SPEAK INSTEAD OF WHAT TO SPEAK".
Hope if you are in a real & serious search of a right English language practicing partner, Here's to share my time with type or voice chat through skype only. I come forward to help you with free of service & meet me at [email protected]

December 5, 2013
Next year you will take an exam which will play an important part in your future. Apart from that your English is perfect. I believe English is now less important in the exam. The more you read the better you will get. You can post writing on here and people will help you. Good luck with the Gaokao!
November 29, 2013
You can post your writing attempts here for feedback: http://www.italki.com/notebook
November 29, 2013
Writing advice: You need to put spaces after punctuation. Like this, see? One space after each punctuation mark.
November 29, 2013
To learn to do anything better, you need to practice. If you want to play tennis better, you need to practice, right? Same with English. Read more, write more. Learn by doing.
November 29, 2013
Show more