Phoenix
Man daram rooznameh mikhoram

Man kheng hastam!

mikhoram, mikonam, mikhooram, mikesham, mikaram

These verbs are killing me. Is there a way to remember them easily?

Dec 1, 2013 4:12 PM
Comments · 8

Yes Mohsen. I meant to say "I am reading the newspaper." I felt like such a dork. :D  

December 4, 2013

I'm not sure in which script (Perso-Arabic or Penglish) you are learning, but I have found Unipers is better for pronunciation and easy to distinguish the sounds.

http://unipers.com/

There are always two forms coming together when we get an infinitive from a dictionary. In Persian grammar book written in English they are known as an infinitive and a principal part (present stem). In the Arabic one they are called masdar (literally means source) and maddah asliyyah (literally: original material). Why two and not three? It's because a past form is easily made from the infinitive. Just remove the last letter of the infinitive i.e ن (in Perso-Arabic) or the ending 'an' (in Penglish), and then we can get a past stem.

Khordan (to eat) is an infinitive. The past stem is khord (remove -an). The present stem is khor (not stand alone, needs prefix mi or be, and subjective ending)

Mikhaanam is not the 3rd form of khordan. Mikharam is not, either. They are different verbs, Khaandan (present stem khaan) = to read, and kharidan (present stem khar) = to buy. Note the double a is to show the sound 'aw' (llike in 'awful').

Yes, all the verbs mentioned above look similar :-)

December 2, 2013

You probabely have difficulty because you are trying to remember them in first person singular and in that form all end with -am which makes them so similar. Try the original form of them. [can't recall the English term, was it root?]

خوردن = Khordan = to eat

(کردن (انجام دادن = Kardan (Anjam dadan) = to do

First and third seems to be the same thing.

کشیدن =Keshidan = to pull; to draw

کاشتن = to plant, to seed

December 1, 2013

The best way to remember these verbs is using them in the sentences.

January 6, 2014

haha  I didnt pay attention at the subject of ur discussion . u are eating a newspaper !?

everyone have such a mistake in learning a language. 

I remember I told : "I have friend Iran " instead of sayying "I like Iran"!!!!

December 4, 2013
Show more