Site Feedback

Are Chinese not welcomed?

many my  friend are engaged in foreign trade in Shenzhen city,they told me that chinese are low-status in foreigners opinoin,is that ture?

Share:

Comments

Did they say why they think that?

Unfortunately some people would view certain cultures as lower class, or simply  give them very little credit.

It is unfortunate, and best way to deal with it, is to ignore them. For someone to hurt others on the basis of race, they would have to be in much pain.

If you can't change it - Don't worry about it. It is their problem, it is best not to turn it to be your problem!!  I wouldn't worry about it!!!

Agreed with Ellie, just try to be yourself.

For me, I respect China & Chinese people very much,

and I think that they are completely deserve this respect,

& of course Chinese are always welcomed :)

& about anyone who have the other opinion,

they are free about their opinion, but I think they are completely wrong,

so you don't need to ask this question,

All respect for China & for Chinese people :)

Every nation, every race, has fools bigots racists sexists ageists who label and look down and discriminate on people for skin, race, age, gender, circumstances.  They are always the mental and moral deficients who should be pitied.  No one of good mind or morals looks down on anyone else. 老鬼

I do not think any race can look down on other peoples including Chinese . It is also applicable to chinese . People are likely to have stereotype against some other people , however, I would suggest you not take it seriously . Anyone , any people should be more confident of themself .

I think it depends on what type of foreigner because for the most part, most White Americans like chinese and other asian countries but other minorities might be racist towards chinese people because of jealous reasons.

Yiger:

You need to have a context for your question.  For example, are you  referring to Chinese   Traders or Business People,  or Chinese People generally?

As far as I can tell,   many "foreigners"   like Chinese. Chinese are very interesting people.

In my school teacher of Chinese language is a native Chinese. Everybody treat her with respect and friendliness. She is an interesting person and all students like her lessons. So, after meeting her our students' attitude to Chinese in the whole became much better. I think attitude to nation depends on your imrpession of people of this nation you met. If you have never met Chinese, you can't judge about them.

Add a comment