Site Feedback

Mystical Friday the 13th.

Today is Friday  the  13th , and i wanted  to know in what  omens  you believe ?

A sight which I trust  when I go somewhere  it doesn't go back.

Share:

Comments

can you please follow me so that i can send you message.

Ella:

I think the term  "mystical"  does not quite communicate the significance of the date, and why, historically, it is considered "Bad Luck".

It is the date in history that the persecution of the Order of the Knights Templars began in France in the year  1307 AD.

Wikipedia explains as follows:  

=============================================

"At dawn on Friday, October 13, 1307, scores of French Templars were simultaneously arrested by agents of King Philip, later to be tortured in locations such as the tower at Chinon, into admitting heresy and other sacrilegious offenses in the Order. Then they were put to death."----Wikipedia

==============================================

King Phillip,  it shoudl be remembered, was  massively indebted to the Knights Templars  for loans to run his Kingdom.  Persecuation of the Templars   allowed  King Phillip   to     "absolve"  from the payment of his debts.

Within a few years,  King Phillip orchestrated  "The Avignon Papacy,"  moving the seat of the Pope to Avignon France, and out of Rome.   This period is also known as

"The Babylonian Captivity of the Papacy"

Here is a link to a History Website which explains "The Avignon Papacy" in France

http://www.christianchronicler.com/history1/avignon_papacy.html

Add a comment