Site Feedback

Did you ever feel that you want to give up on learning a foreign language?

If you did, what's your solution to motivate yourself?

Share:

Comments

Just remember your reasons for learning new languages,
If you don't have reasons, try to get one,
If you don't want to get a reason, make the fun your reason to learn new language,

& Always remember 2 things :
1 - Just do your best, & don't worry about the results,
you can't control the result . . . & no one can,
2 - Don't ever look for perfection, because you won't ever obtain it,

Just have fun, Make friends, Learn & practice,
& your language will become more & more better without you realize that,

Finally, maybe I am just wrong . . . Best of luck :)

What is exactly the reason you want to give up?

I gave up learning Korean, but that was after I found a new job where learning Korean was not aquired. Has something changed in your life so that learning that language is not as interesting anymore? Which language are you talking about anyway? German or English?

My motivation is just to focus on the end result. So quite the oppostie of what the former poster told you. I want to reach that level, so I must sacrifice time and energy for it. 'Don't be a sissy and cram that information.' That is what I always tell myself. I am quite result oriented.

I have motivation throughout the day if I started the day with English, so my schedule English comes first. Also we can very well support motivation through communication with native speakers and viewing the famous TV series in English.

handayani.risma

I think "IReallyCareAboutYou"  has summed up a practical approach that will work for you.

Slow down. Relax, and proceed. If you want specific lesson materials which will build your confidence, feel free to examine my Notebook Entries. They are lessons  which can build confidence for you.

I think that my career is what motivates me to learn a new language. I want to be a traveling nurse, so it motivates me to learn new languages and even if it is difficult, I can't give up because if I give up, I won't be able to fulfill my dreams. ^^

thank you for all your suggestions and answers. It's really helpful :)

Everyone supposes to set a precise goal to target . No work , no pain , yet , do not pay too much attention to its result indeed . Too much thinking to achieve .

I feel the same way every time I see no progress on my English, but then some people here in italki inspired me to work harder and harder. Especially those who learn more than one language, they don't seem to give up that easily. 

If you were not too ambitious , you might not be frustrated . Find a precise target you can follow , which  is the upmost for you to continue your learning . Motivation is very important factor that you need to take effort .

Add a comment