ªsª pronoucation in Portuguese, need help.
Is there any difference between Portuguese Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese on the letter S.
If s ends in a word, does it sound shi？ like eles,elas,nós？
In the Portuguese (from Portugal) dialect, as well as in the dialect from Rio de Janeiro, people pronoune S before consonants of at the end of a word as a very soft "shi". However, the standard pronunciation of the S in Brazilian Portuguese in this case is a normal "s".
- Hi everyone! Have you ever read others' English entries to improve your own English?
- What is the second most spoken language in Europe?
- una pregunta sobre la lengua española
- I want An English Partner to train with
- How to study grammar and practice prepositions?
- Again Again Again!
- spanish courses in Spain or Guatemala
- Beber o tomar?
- I can teach advanced English in return for Spanish lessons.