Sayan Bhaduri
Becoming fluent in German fast

I've been trying to learn German on and off for the past 6 months or so. I need a minimum level of proficiency (B2.2) to stand a chance of passing Testdaf, to get into any of Unis in Germany. So, if I consider myself a total beginner, can anyone say how far can I go if I can give about 2 hours per day to it for the next 4 months?
After that I've decided to enrol at the Goethe Institut here, but it doesn't hurt to hurry things up a bit)) 

Dec 27, 2013 5:37 PM
Comments · 9

In my opinion, two hours per day for the next four months will bring you to an (upper) intermediate level. There are many tools and techniques to help you become fluent, please find below some of them:

1) Listen to native speakers in natural contexts as much as possible. Watch movies in that language, or listen to books on tape or music in that language.

2) Practice speaking every day. Try to learn new words and phrases every day. If possible, practice with native speakers, and encourage them to correct you.

3) Read books, magazine articles, and other "real life" material whenever possible.

4) Write something in German every day.

Good luck!

December 27, 2013

Hello Sayan,

as already before mentioned, that depends on your own ability to learn a language.

The Goethe Institut says, that for reaching A2 level, you need 200 to 350 hours of course. That still doesn't include your own home study, homework etc. So with 240 hours own study, you can maybe reach A2. 

December 29, 2013

I can´t good english but I want you to say that it´s hard enough. If you want ti leant it for 4 months, 2 hours per day will not be sufficient. I advise you to find as much as possible time for it und all your free time to learn, for example in bus, on the way. It´s realy. But you must toil at it. I learned germany till nieveau B1 for 1 year. You can better.

Good Luck

p.s. Sorry for my english)) 

December 28, 2013

l would say A2 top..this german language is not that easy..the problem is prefixes..l ve been studying this languages for 6 years..still have problems though..you get ''goethe zertifikat b2'' on short notice, I'll find you schlorship in Germany myself :) :) bets are open 

January 14, 2014

@ Sayan Bhadur, if you are a beginer start with the course on Deutche Welle website. It's designed to help beginers to advance quickely. I am using it and it's very helpful. You

http://deutschkurse.dw.de/KursPlattform/WebObjects/KursPlattform.woa/wo/2.1

December 28, 2013
Show more