Site Feedback

simple but interesting books

Please, give me some advices which simple but interesting book can I read?

Share:

Comments

That's a hard question!

Here are a few that might work, depending on your level:

the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling

"Matilda" (or other books) by Roald Dahl

any books by Beverly Cleary

"Charlotte's Web" (or other books) by E.B. White

OOPT 

I heigly recommend this book its an interesting novel It's called the alchemist it's was written by Paulo Coelho and it has been translated into at least 56 languages.

i advice you to read the holy quran this is great book and deserve to read it :)

Hey @Mady why don't you start posting on some site like 'holy war' or something. This is a question about English, not about Arab, not about religion, and nevertheless you get your stupid religion into the discussion again. And even then I won't think the Koran, or the Bible or what ever religious book, would be easy reading. It really seems all you Muslims are brainwashed. Stop polluting this site with your religious propaganda.

Nevertheless @Ekaterina, if you want to read literature with simplified vocabulary you should google for 'easy reader'. These are books especially for adults trying to learn a language. It are books for adults, but then with a simplified vocabulary.

Damon Galgut is a good writer with sparse text but interesting story.

Also Ernest Hemingway's short stories are nice and direct for practicing English.

It is also good to use introductory readers to read more complex texts.

It is a bit hard to find, since 'easy reader' is really a common search string that gives you all kind of not useful links, but for example you can get these:

http://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/easy-reading-for-adults

There were also special series ´Easy Reader' I used for studying Spanish. You could choose levels, like

A=For people with a vocabulary of 1000 words

B=For people with a vocabulary of 1500 words

etcetera.

I cannot find them in English for you though..Sorry.

Oscar Wilde - Importance of Being Earnest... excellent short funny story

The Mediator series by Meg Cabot :D

@Jacky Never judge other religions, it's not good :) To you your religion, and to us our religion. So, let's value each other ;)

I guess that you have brainwashed by media. Islam is a religion of kindess and good behaviour, not (sorry) beast behaviour.

"Famous Five" series, very interesting for teenages and ex-teens. 

Add a comment