British VS American accent
I like american accent too.
British accent is easier to understand for non native english. I preffer the British accent.
The American one :)
i like British accent because i can understand it more than American accent
Yesterday I watched "Lost" in original and observed, that Americans "swallow" words, so it is sometimes really difficult to understand what they try to say. But there was no such a problem with Charlie or Desmond.
Needless to say, I like both accents. Much depends for me not "how" but "who".
We Americans do get lazy in our pronunciations. For instance, very few people pronounce my name correctly. While it is Dev-in, most Americans pronounce it Dev-uhn. I believe it is simply because it takes a bit more effort to pronounce "ehh" than "uhh".
I could go on all day with similar examples.
Keep in mind there are many different American accents. Even though I haven't lived in the south for many years I still speek like a Texan but honestly am more clear and safisticated sounding because I have not been there in a long time. Don't get me wrong, I love my southern accent.
- Russia, questions
- Perceptions: right and wrong
- favorite sports
- Do you prefer to have siblings or not?
- I don’t think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday. [Abraham Lincoln]
- Is mobile phone theft common in your country?
- Does music help to learn Russian or any other language ??
- What makes a language popular among foreigners?
- Gain new language face the world ^_^