extra words 'out' and 'up'
Hi. I am Cesar. I have want to know what do you think about these two words when it is added to some words... for example:
i want to know if it give some different meaning , and i want to know if the added meaning is the same for all the words where it is added or it give some specify meaning for each word
Sorry for my mistakes... I am begginer learner
With "try" and "find" out is an unnecessary added word, you can just say try and find, if you are going to "find out" something you can just say "I will go find the answer" or "I will go find it" depends on what you are finding.
For "listen" and "shut" it's kind of the same, you can just say "listen," adding the "up" could be a little more rude, it's more forceful and not as kind as "listen" or "listen, please."
The case for "stand" is just that it's a direction, you are standing up. But mostly if you are not doing some action, like standing or looking or something like that, then adding an "up" or an "out" is probably unnecessary.
thank you a lot. now i know that it can give some rude expression
Hi. I am Cesar. I have want to know what do you think about these two words when it is added to some words... for example: try out find out listen up stand up shut up i want to know i...
Okay, I found the place to edit.
listen up sounds like an amry sargeant talking to his squad. It is pretty rae otherwise.
I hope to hear from you.
im also confuse shut and shut up..what the difference in this two words?
- what do I benefit from playing chess?
- Language exchange
- Anyone willing to help with French?
- How that possible not to translate? Any best tips for the difficulty?
- Why is making contacts, or networking an important part of many jobs?
- lets benefit each other !!!
- Ich kann dich englisch lernen!
- What do you do to improve your spoken English when you have no chances to speak it?
- Roses are red, Violets are blue
- Help me :)