Tips & techniques for learning a foreign language?
So I have heard of many different techniques, e.g. watching films, tv etc., but I would like to know what really works when you are trying to learn a new language?
Specific examples, if possible!
Let me know in the comments below what you think :)
I have tried home study, vocabulary applications, university classes, etc. So far I know grammar for about five languges and I speak only my native English. I am now taking a class from a language institute where the instructor seems to care about having us learn. She lets us read and engages us in conversation. She uses our textbook, but brings in additional material.
I did find the grammar videos I watched to be outstanding. I spent about six months going though it the first time and then I went back through the second half again once I had the books and I knew most of the vocabulary. I also watched a second series of grammar videos and loved the fact that the two reinforced one another an agreed on all fundamentals.
- Alternative therapies
- How do you learn in order to be fluent when it comes to learning languages?
- Can a social-app (e.g. WhatsApp, Telegram) help learning a language?
- How to be an instantaneous speaker?
- How do you build your vocabulary?
- what do you think about duolingo?
- About happyness
- Knowledge or marks which is important in life or for a good job?
- which language should i start with
- What do u think it's pretty different between Eastern and Western culture?