Tips & techniques for learning a foreign language?
So I have heard of many different techniques, e.g. watching films, tv etc., but I would like to know what really works when you are trying to learn a new language?
Specific examples, if possible!
Let me know in the comments below what you think :)
I have tried home study, vocabulary applications, university classes, etc. So far I know grammar for about five languges and I speak only my native English. I am now taking a class from a language institute where the instructor seems to care about having us learn. She lets us read and engages us in conversation. She uses our textbook, but brings in additional material.
I did find the grammar videos I watched to be outstanding. I spent about six months going though it the first time and then I went back through the second half again once I had the books and I knew most of the vocabulary. I also watched a second series of grammar videos and loved the fact that the two reinforced one another an agreed on all fundamentals.
- Learning two languages at once
- اريد ان اتعلم اللغه الانجليزيه هل يستطيع احد ان يعلمني
- Teaching a Foreign Language, Studying a Foreign Language
- Друзья из России, как думаете люди из Беларуси и Украине?
- Costumes das regiões do Brasil
- What is your favorite song that is in a language you do not speak?
- I want to find a foreign friend to improve my English
- New life and work experience in London. (Departure: July)
- la economía española
- i want to learn Russion and made friendship :) plzzzzz