Tips & techniques for learning a foreign language?
So I have heard of many different techniques, e.g. watching films, tv etc., but I would like to know what really works when you are trying to learn a new language?
Specific examples, if possible!
Let me know in the comments below what you think :)
I have tried home study, vocabulary applications, university classes, etc. So far I know grammar for about five languges and I speak only my native English. I am now taking a class from a language institute where the instructor seems to care about having us learn. She lets us read and engages us in conversation. She uses our textbook, but brings in additional material.
I did find the grammar videos I watched to be outstanding. I spent about six months going though it the first time and then I went back through the second half again once I had the books and I knew most of the vocabulary. I also watched a second series of grammar videos and loved the fact that the two reinforced one another an agreed on all fundamentals.
- What features do you think should be added to italki?
- Do you think that the teaching of English language in Brazil is good?
- What's the quintessential life in your country?
- any one here
- why women in islam need to wear Veil ?
- Learning a new language
- Learning Article : Why You Shouldn't Be In A Rush When Learning A Language
- No more Cantonese Skype Group??