(ARTICLE) IELTS Grammar:State Verbs
Present continuous is not normally used with state verbs because the meaning of the verb itself is general truth rather than something temporary.These verbs describe thoughts,feelings,senses,possessions and descriptions.
Here are some examples of state verbs:
I assume you're too busy to play games.
I love music.
This pie smells delicious.
My father owns a resaurant.
You look like your mother.
Some state verbs can be used in the continuos form when the meaning is temporary:
What are you thinking about?(Now)
I think that you are smart.(State of opinion)
No comment given.
- making some friends who speak English very well
- War can be or not a solution
- Do you think that girls have temperament is important?
- i wonder what's your view about ISIS
- Instagram :)
- anyone can help me with verbs SPEAK TALK TELL SAY
- je veux apprendre espagnol
- comment parler espagnol
- And people wonder why learning English can be difficult
- Как зародился Ваш интерес к изучению языка?