雅思语法 Sate Verbs
Present continuous is not normally used with state verbs because the meaning of the verb itself is general truth rather than something temporary.These verbs describe thoughts,feelings,senses,possessions and descriptions.
Here are some examples of state verbs:
I assume you're too busy to play games.
I love music.
This pie smells delicious.
My father owns a resaurant.
You look like your mother.
Some state verbs can be used in the continuos form when the meaning is temporary:
What are you thinking about?(Now)
I think that you are smart.(State of opinion)
No comment given.
- Things getting slower and what exactly happened?
- religiöse gedanken
- Searching for English-speaking partner
- want to improve speaking in english
- hard to find a german partner
- language exchange about chinese and english
- woow it s hard to find a partner who can teach me deutsh , i can help in arabic , french or english
- I'm a high school student in Japan .
- Ser and Tener
- Estoy and Soy