雅思语法 Sate Verbs
Present continuous is not normally used with state verbs because the meaning of the verb itself is general truth rather than something temporary.These verbs describe thoughts,feelings,senses,possessions and descriptions.
Here are some examples of state verbs:
I assume you're too busy to play games.
I love music.
This pie smells delicious.
My father owns a resaurant.
You look like your mother.
Some state verbs can be used in the continuos form when the meaning is temporary:
What are you thinking about?(Now)
I think that you are smart.(State of opinion)
No comment given.
- Where would you like to go out with you friends?
- What are your hobbies?
- Challenge yourself with Arabic
- I wanna create a New whatsapp group
- Psychology students (or psychology enthusiastic)
- Is hanging up during (phone) arguments acceptable?
- Curiosity about native speakers of english.
- learning english with films