雅思语法 Sate Verbs
Present continuous is not normally used with state verbs because the meaning of the verb itself is general truth rather than something temporary.These verbs describe thoughts,feelings,senses,possessions and descriptions.
Here are some examples of state verbs:
I assume you're too busy to play games.
I love music.
This pie smells delicious.
My father owns a resaurant.
You look like your mother.
Some state verbs can be used in the continuos form when the meaning is temporary:
What are you thinking about?(Now)
I think that you are smart.(State of opinion)
No comment given.
- Natives or not, whatever. I just need to practice English
- "He had been thoroughly English" (An Unofficial Rose by Iris Murdoch), what does it exactly mean ?
- How have you learnt new alpabet?
- What's your favorite German Songs?
- How do you fell today?? ^_^
- Skype Group for speaking practice in Korean
- What is the most difficult language in the world?
- ''A bientôt''
- Skype exchange
- una personaje de dibujo