Site Feedback

Do Exercises and Take Tests

Many people think that exercises and tests aren't much fun. However, by completing exercises and taking tests you can really improve your English. One of the best reasons for doing lots of exercises and tests is that they give you a benchmark to compare your future results with. Often, it is by comparing your score on a test you took yesterday with one you took a month or six months ago that you realize just how much you have learned. If you never test yourself, you will never know how much you are progressing.

Share:

Comments

Exercises with wrong answers do more harm than good. As an instructor I try to strict or my assessments on work we do in class. When I want students to write, I model writing for them. I want students to write on paper or on a computer/cellphone from the first day. I try to teach listening skills by having them write what it said. 

Perhaps it is our culture but I'm against how many teachers run their classes. They teach one thing and them test in something else. I make up my own exams and I test what I teach. I want to build confidence in my students. I loved it when a female student became fluent by studying outside of class. I am thrilled when students share their success stories with me. I finally have a wonderful instructor at an institute. 

I do prefer to take a test to know what I can do or what level I lie in . As for me , a good teacher is important to guide me to learn more efficeintly , yet , in most time, I know I need to spend time and effort to overcome the hurdle in a long haul of learning .

To people who pasted above : I want to share one of Chinese sayings which might inspire some of you

有狀元學生沒有狀元老師 which says

There is a top student rather than a top teacher

It implies a top student can achieve it without too much instruction  or a talent student is far precious than a good teacher .

Add a comment