"Persian months run in perfect tandem with the months of the Zodiac. The first month of the year is Farvardin and corresponds to Aries and the last is Esfand which is exactly in parallel with Pisces." - from Complete Modern Persian by Narguess Farzad
I found this interesting. I always thought the zodiac came from the ancient Greeks. Can anyone tell me more about this?
The Babylonians had astrology before either the Greeks or Persians. There's plenty about this on Wikipedia.
Thanks. I never put much stock in astrology so I know very little about it. I knew different cultures built structures oriented to the heavenly bodies; but, I never knew there was a correlation between the calendars of different civilizations. I still wonder why the Persians have the same calendar as the the zodiac. There has to be some connection somewhere.
- English for German
- I can teach advanced English in return for Spanish lessons.
- Someone interested in exchange language(Spanish-English)?
- Restarting my studies
- Ça vous dit si je crée un groupe sur Skpye pour pratiquer le français ?
- Let exchange our language
- an idiom " A teste of your own medicine. "
- Salut tout le monde ! Correspondants espagnols ou anglais.
- How to find the audio novels in English?
- where r u from ? r u happy where u live now ?