[Deleted]
4 Tips for Speaking English Fluently

Hi all,

Today I'd like to give you seven tips on how to speak English fluently. 

1. Always Study and Review Phrases, Never Individual Words

Never study a single, individual word. Never. When you find a new word, always write down The phrase it is in. Always. When you review, review the entire phrase, not just the word.

Then, collect phrases, and constantly review and study them.

Your speaking and grammar will improve 4-5 times faster. 

2. Listen FIRST

What is the rule that Humberto found? Simple. The rule is listening. Listening, listening, listening.

You must listen to UNDERSTANDABLE English. You must listen to English EVERYDAY. Don't read textbooks. Listen to English.

Learn with your ears, not your eyes.

In most schools, you learn English with your eyes. You read textbooks. You study grammar rules. Spend most of your study time listening - that is the key to great speaking.

3. Only Use Real English Lessons and Materials

You learn real English if you want to understand native speakers and speak easily. Use real magazines, audio articles, TV shows, movies, radio talk shows, and audio books. To learn real English, you must listen to English that native speakers listen to. You must watch what they watch. You must read what they read.

How do you learn Real English? It's easy. Stop using textbooks. Instead, listen only to real English movies, TV shows, audio books, audio articles, stories, and talk radio shows. Use real English materials.

4. Slow, Deep Learning is Best

The secret to speaking easily is to learn every word & phrase DEEPLY. Its not enough to know a definition. Its not enough to remember it for a test. You must put the word deep into your brain. To speak English easily, you must repeat each lesson many times. You must learn English deeply.

How do you learn deeply? Repeat all lessons or listening many times. For example, if you have an audio book, listen to the first chapter 30 times before you go to the second chapter. You could listen to the first chapter 3 times each day, for 10 days.

So, those are the first four tips to learning how to speak English fluently. Tomorrow, I will have three more!

Feb 26, 2014 1:20 PM
Comments · 48

I bump this one because it helps!

October 26, 2014

as I remember it is form A.J. Hoge's Effortless English courses

March 25, 2014

Interesing analysis, however I question tip 1.  For beginning learners, surely individual word lists can actually do some good.  Especially for physical objects as nouns.  If I want to learn apple, would my time be better spent learning an entire phrase just to learn apple, or building on my relationship with that individual word with images or mnemonics?  I would say phrases are great but individual words have their place, especially at the beginning when vocabulary and grammar understanding is low.

December 13, 2014

I like no. 2 and 3 :D hahaha 

Thank you for this article ahm,.... tips? :) 

Its helpful and a good reminder too~~ :D Have a good day Sir! ^_^

April 15, 2014

What a sound methodology Paul. Very good indeed.

April 8, 2014
Show more