alfiarahma93
I'm a beginner Dutch learner. I don't know how to start can anybody tell me please the fist thing I have to do to learn Dutch? Should I learn the alphabet first or what?
Mar 4, 2014 5:55 AM
Comments · 1

Hoi alfiarahma93,

You don't have to learn the alphabet to learn Dutch, because we use the same alphabet as English does, so you already know that.

If you speak enough English, you can find a lot of information about the Dutch language on the internet by googling 'learn Dutch online free'. 

If you prefer to learn without the help of English, a good starting point is www.taalklas.nl. After you register for a free account, you can learn with pictures and short movies. The site is completely in Dutch, so maybe you have to use an online dictionary or google translate to understand how the site works in the beginning. 

If you want to learn more about the grammar of the Dutch language, www.dutchgrammar.com is a good site, but it's probably more usefull to start with words and little sentences before you start with grammar.

Of course you can practice what you have learned by writing notebook entries here at italki or you can contact teachers here via Skype.

Ik wens je veel succes! (I wish you good luck!)

Groeten,

Joke

March 7, 2014