Learning cantonese books.
I am looking for books on learning cantonese. What would experienced cantonese speakers recommend?
Basic Cantonese: A Grammar and Workbook
Intermediate Cantonese: A Grammar and Workbook
Both are written in Yale Ping Yam. I am reading them recently. It's quite good for English speakers. And there are not any characters inside.
That's a issue. Sounds like it makes learning cantonese harder.
Dont scare by the name of books. They start from very simple dialogues in each unit like any other books for beginners.(*^__^*)
I think it depends on what you want to do. If you want to learn to speak Cantonese these books are fantastic, as is the English-Cantonese Dictionary (Cantonese in Yale Romanization) by The Chinese University Press (ISBN 962-201-970-6). If you want to learn how to read and write Chinese then these books will not be of much help to you.
Well I do want to learn cantonese. Though learning to speak it sounds limited compared to reading and speaking.
Thanks for the suggestions.
- Skype group to practice English/Italian/French/Persian_ Italian/French/English/Persian.
- Una curiosidad
- Looking for new students/language partners
- practicing english
- practicing english or learning italian
- Anche cucinando si impara l'italiano:modi di dire legati al cibo STARCI COME I CAVOLI A MERENDA
- anche cucinando ,si impara l'italiano! modi di dire legati al cibo :ROMPERE LE UOVA NEL PANIERE
- How to understand the meaning of the expression such as: to beat smb. to it.
- Old stories *to learn Farsi with laughter*
- Is there a word "self-retrain"?