Learning cantonese books.
I am looking for books on learning cantonese. What would experienced cantonese speakers recommend?
Basic Cantonese: A Grammar and Workbook
Intermediate Cantonese: A Grammar and Workbook
Both are written in Yale Ping Yam. I am reading them recently. It's quite good for English speakers. And there are not any characters inside.
That's a issue. Sounds like it makes learning cantonese harder.
Dont scare by the name of books. They start from very simple dialogues in each unit like any other books for beginners.(*^__^*)
I think it depends on what you want to do. If you want to learn to speak Cantonese these books are fantastic, as is the English-Cantonese Dictionary (Cantonese in Yale Romanization) by The Chinese University Press (ISBN 962-201-970-6). If you want to learn how to read and write Chinese then these books will not be of much help to you.
Well I do want to learn cantonese. Though learning to speak it sounds limited compared to reading and speaking.
Thanks for the suggestions.
- Is this an acceptable report? Is the style and the structure of the report correct? Thanks.
- What era would you want to live in ?
- How Many Languages Can We Learn In The Same Period?
- CAE writing topics
- live your life
- This website
- Sincerity. Is it easy to be sincere with people?
- Is there anyone preparing for SAT or ACT?
- I want to improve my English