Learning cantonese books.
I am looking for books on learning cantonese. What would experienced cantonese speakers recommend?
Basic Cantonese: A Grammar and Workbook
Intermediate Cantonese: A Grammar and Workbook
Both are written in Yale Ping Yam. I am reading them recently. It's quite good for English speakers. And there are not any characters inside.
That's a issue. Sounds like it makes learning cantonese harder.
Dont scare by the name of books. They start from very simple dialogues in each unit like any other books for beginners.(*^__^*)
I think it depends on what you want to do. If you want to learn to speak Cantonese these books are fantastic, as is the English-Cantonese Dictionary (Cantonese in Yale Romanization) by The Chinese University Press (ISBN 962-201-970-6). If you want to learn how to read and write Chinese then these books will not be of much help to you.
Well I do want to learn cantonese. Though learning to speak it sounds limited compared to reading and speaking.
Thanks for the suggestions.
- Is this correct He always done what I wish all my life,but can't
- Academic writing
- Difference between 하며 and 하면서
- i wanna improve my Inglish
- Règles typographiques de ponctuation en français (typographical rules regarding punctuation in french)
- For everybody, My name's Ami, i'm a student and volunteer tourguide in Vietnam so i'm always ready for help u!
- Thanksgiving Day or Thanksgiving Day?
- How can I be a good translator? I want to learn how can I translate alone. Can you advise me?
- Who wants to learn Arab Or Franch?
- I hate my city....its no longer for me