Learning cantonese books.
I am looking for books on learning cantonese. What would experienced cantonese speakers recommend?
Basic Cantonese: A Grammar and Workbook
Intermediate Cantonese: A Grammar and Workbook
Both are written in Yale Ping Yam. I am reading them recently. It's quite good for English speakers. And there are not any characters inside.
That's a issue. Sounds like it makes learning cantonese harder.
Dont scare by the name of books. They start from very simple dialogues in each unit like any other books for beginners.(*^__^*)
I think it depends on what you want to do. If you want to learn to speak Cantonese these books are fantastic, as is the English-Cantonese Dictionary (Cantonese in Yale Romanization) by The Chinese University Press (ISBN 962-201-970-6). If you want to learn how to read and write Chinese then these books will not be of much help to you.
Well I do want to learn cantonese. Though learning to speak it sounds limited compared to reading and speaking.
Thanks for the suggestions.
- Hi search for new friends
- nunca te acostaras sin aprender algo nuevo
- Need help!!
- Can someone correct me these short leaflet?
- Some articles for those who study russian (in English)
- stress in English
- Hello, all the Mandarin Chinese learners!
- can anyone tell me the meaning of this song ?
- What is the biggest misconception people have about your country?
- can any body help me please