Mariam Mohamed
What's the best place to study English in NY?

I want to travel to the US to study English. I'll be living with my cousin who lives in Staten Island. Searching online, I found an institute teaching English there (It belongs to the College of Staten Island), but I want to know whether it's good or it's better to take the course in an institute in Manhattan, in New York University, for example, or Zoni New York Language Schools.

I have no idea about the subject. Please, help me.

Is there a big difference between them or should I choose the nearest one?

I do not mind traveling if a faraway center is better.

Thank you in advance.

Mar 15, 2014 8:48 PM
Comments · 7

Thank you Ahmed, but I want to study it in a native speaking country, where I can practice it as much as possible, so that I become able to work as a translator or an interpreter.

March 16, 2014

When I went to USA to learn English, school didn't help much. What helped was to find friends and talk to them. You then keep studying and reading on your own time; what you learn you then put it into practice in conversations. So school is good to meet people. Do language exchange face to face (meet in coffee houses and so); you can leave fliers in colleges and uni. Get a part time job or voluntere on activities where you will have lots of contact with people. Talk,talk, talk. I hope this helps.

April 2, 2015

OK, people. Thank you.

March 17, 2014

Good luck Miss Mariam!!

March 16, 2014
Show more