[Deleted]
Impromptu Discussions

There are many different ways and many different reasons to learn a foreign language.

In regardless of the language and the reason, have you considered impromptu discussions?

Just pupping in and out (via Skype), a mere few minutes can make a difference, sometime in small, sometimes in larger ways.

The idea is: Connecting.

Learning the language comes as a natural byproduct when interesting people connecting over mutually interested topic to discuss. Done it right, (politely and with consideration to time and obligations in progress aka real life commitments and work we are all busy with) a few minutes refreshing break to chat for a few minutes with a “stranger” over random topic can be interesting.

Key point: keep it short so it can be repeated with interest instead of resulting in blocked connection.

Mar 20, 2014 9:19 AM
Comments · 2

Yeah,you're right! :) I love  impromptu discussions! And waiting for someone to book my instant tutoring makes me really excited! More excited than booking a real lesson.:D

March 24, 2014

If my girls at age 7 & 8 doing it all day long (Thanks to people contacting them from iTalki.com) why not try it with mature people?

The key is unstructured, impromptu and in and out in 5 minutes or less!

For the purpose of pure emergence into a different language.

Read a poem, read something if original thoughts eluding you in the moment of connection.

Forget the trivial, make it interesting!

For the tech savvy, record the connection and the good ones you share with the iTalki.com community.

Make sure to ask permission to record and to share!

Who is ready to try me? French ladies are welcome!

(Why ladies only? To keep it fun. Discussion between guys tend to be serious and purpose driven. It would not be as spontaneous but if you think that you can try, you are welcome also.)

March 22, 2014