Ahmed Edrees
“Life is too short to learn German” :(
Mar 25, 2014 2:15 PM
Comments · 13

It makes a world of difference if you are passionate about learning the language. In my case, learning German is enjoyable for me because I am fascinated by the culture and I want to be able to interact with speakers of German. Honestly, I could spend all day studying and learning, because I'm so excited.

That said, I'm still a beginner and I'm learning at a pace that's much slower than I would like. But I know that if I keep at it, am patient with myself, and I'm driven by a desire to interact with German-speakers, I'll get to the point where I can do just that. I won't be perfect, but that's not the point. If you're only learning so you can pass an exam, impress your friends, etc., then I think you'll be disappointed. I don't think you will learn very much. If you want to learn a language, you have to love it. There will be times when you get stuck or discouraged, but if you love learning it, you'll never give up. That's what I've learned, anyway.

If you haven't already, I really recommend that you visit the Fluent in 3 Months website. It is so encouraging to me! http://www.fluentin3months.com/

March 25, 2014

Es kommt ganz darauf an, in welchem Alter du mit dem Lernen beginnst. Aber okay,...vielleicht bist du ja schon 98 Jahre alt. Dann gebe ich dir natürlich recht :-)

March 28, 2014

Ha-ha! Dann versuchen Sie, Russisch und Chinesisch zu lernen :)

March 28, 2014

I agree with Kate and Sarah.

If we are interested in learning a language, we should not give up.

When there is a will, there is a way.

We are lucky because we are on Italki.

Good luck.

March 25, 2014

Nein! Ist es doch nicht! 

No! It isn't!

Just takes patience, determination and motivation! There are people on here who are willing to help you learn, you don't have to do it by yourself! (:

March 25, 2014
Show more