Cissi
How to improve Chinese listening/speaking 如何改善中文听/说能力

Hi, everyone, I am native Chinese speaker, have language partners here. I was always told that the most difficult to learn Chinese  is pronunciation. Because every single Chinese charater has differrent pronunciation. Yes, you are right. For improving your Chinese listening/speaking, I would like to share some experiences with my English learning.

1. being familiar with the language way you're learning is the most important, at least you should know how they speak, what kind of tone they use.

2. try to learn it like a baby, think about how baby learns to speak? they don't know any grammar, single word and pronunciation, they just listen and listen, follow and follow, repeat and repeat...then can open their mouth, right?

3. creat the languge environment, and listen, speak it everyday, follow the tongue and speak out loud at least 30mins each day. You will find the change if you keep going.

4. find simple proper leaning materials to fit yourself, keep joyful for a long way. You know what I mean. :)

For my partners' pratice of Chinese listening, I have already recorded something for them. Here I would like to share with you. You can find out on Youtube, just key in "Chinese listening Cissi" or "Cissi Chinese listening" to search related videos there. I will try my best to put it more gradually. Here is one of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGyNubZifYk

Any material of interets, feel free to let me know, I'd like to make it for you as possible as I can.

Thank you very much for your attention and hope your leaning goes well. 

Mar 29, 2014 5:00 AM
Comments · 8

Hi, my new video here posted on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wPQUTSqqto

The script can be found in "About" under the video for convenient copy. Hopefully it's helpful for your Chinese listening. Good luck to you all!

April 16, 2014

Thank you! I am Chinese,  I'd like to help Chinese learners.

March 29, 2014

Wow. You're so nice. :)

March 29, 2014

This is such a great advice for Chinese learners..

Me either, I was always told that intonations of this language is the most difficult part, however, it is also the most important part for beginners. Once you concquer it, your speaking will be definitely improved soon ! 

April 10, 2014

@shenam: I'd like to practice English with partners, can you get on Skype or QQ?

April 10, 2014
Show more