Pejaa
How does one successfully learn a new language?

I have been crunching in trying to learn Russian, but it is still quite difficult to grasp the language. Do you guys have any techniques on how to successfully learn a new language?

Apr 9, 2014 11:37 AM
Comments · 11

Talk with natives,  and if it's possible go to their county ! If not you can take courses , that would be helpful 

To get the basic grammar accent etc ,  also practice reading , reading , speaking for a long time daily or every week .

Also listen to music , radio tv etc in that language , even if you don't understand , later that would be very useful !!!

Sometimes , I say things that I heard from my professor that he keep sayin !

For me , I learn languages by myself for example :because I adore korea I wanted to learn korean , all the time I listen to korean songs , watch drama ..I got a korean name I speak korean with ppl who don't know lol just to practice ! You can say I made korea my life so it was the easier thing to learn korean language ^^ hope that advises would help and good luck ~

April 9, 2014

<em>Talking to native speakers is a great way</em>
<em>but I like listening to music , it's so useful, you can learn a lot of new words! Good luck :)</em>

April 13, 2014

You need to find a teacher or to skype with any Russians . the best way is to learn languages from native speakers

April 12, 2014

you have to have a big desire to learn russian by yourself,it's rather difficult.i can advice you to learn at least basic russian and then to try communicating in skype with russians

also while you are doing something switch on the russian radio online and let it talk.you will remember some phrases or at least constructions unconsciously)good luck!

April 9, 2014

Learn it like childs do! Forget about grammar, syntax, etc. Just start speak with native speakers.

Of course if you know basic of grammar it will help you to start work faster. But anyway, your mind work with language patterns. You just use some known phases and you never think about tenses and other things. So you should have a lot of practice!

April 30, 2014
Show more