尧森清晨微笑
What is the meaning of life?

resignation letter yesterday。my confusion would be even greater

Apr 13, 2014 8:55 AM
Comments · 11

It's 42.

April 14, 2014

I have been fired more than a month ago and at the beginning I was devasted because I felt it as a failure, my personal failure. Now I am beginning to look at it as an opportunity. Maybe it's the right moment to learn something new or improve my skills.

I think the meaning of life is to keep on improving, day by day.

April 14, 2014

what do you really want in life? Do you have some hobbies? The bright side from quitting a job is you have free time to do lot of things, such as travelling, starting a new business, volunteering, or you can search on your own what is the meaning of life. Go socializing. Find people in need. Interact. Because in my opinion our life purpose is to help others, care to our mother nature..

April 13, 2014

-"The example of [this] worldly life is but like rain which We have sent down from the sky that the plants of the earth absorb - [those] from which men and livestock eat - until, when the earth has taken on its adornment and is beautified and its people suppose that they have capability over it, there comes to it Our command by night or by day, and We make it as a harvest, as if it had not flourished yesterday. Thus do We explain in detail the signs for a people who give thought."

10:24 The Noble Qu'ran

-"And present to them the example of the life of this world, [its being] like rain which We send down from the sky, and the vegetation of the earth mingles with it and [then] it becomes dry remnants, scattered by the winds. And Allah is ever, over all things, Perfect in Ability." 18:45 The Noble Qu'ran

-"Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children - like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion." 57:20 The Noble Qu'ran

-"And the worldly life is not but amusement and diversion; but the home of the Hereafter is best for those who fear Allah , so will you not reason?" 6:32 The Noble Qu'ran

Hope that help :)

April 13, 2014

I confirm that , it's 42.

On a more serious note , this is a philosophical issue, and each philosophical view has a different answer for it. Some people will tell you it's to please God , others will say it's to be as good to other people as possible. Other people will come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as a purpose of life , and that they would rather have a short , but merry life , rather than a long and bitter one.

Perhaps this will help :

Knowledge is infinite , thus you know nothing.

People are numerous (7 billion) , thus you know no one.

What you see isn't all that exists.

The universe is 13.7 billion years old and you will be lucky to live one hundred.

What your ancestors did affects you and what you do will affect your progeny.

Life is a multitude , but the end is one.

April 14, 2014
Show more