Stephanie
Learning Article : 6 Good Reasons To Learn French

Discuss the Article : 6 Good Reasons To Learn French

<a href='/article/69/six-good-reasons-to-learn-french' target='_blank'>6 Good Reasons To Learn French</a>

Whether you’re looking to be convinced, or you just need the tiniest of pushes to get started, here are six very good reasons to start learning French today!

Apr 15, 2014 12:00 AM
Comments · 5

I particularly agree with point number 4, where you described the cognitive benefits of language learning.  I have experienced the mental benefits which come about upon studying a language including a better knowledge and command of your mothertongue.

Before I studied French, my English was pretty terrible even though it is my first language.  I actually failed my high school English exams because my expression, grammar, vocabulary and general flow of writing was poor.  

When I began studying a foreign language at university, I experienced what many of you will have experienced.  Studying French "forced" me to re-examine my own language, to learn the rules and to be well-versed in grammar.  The explosion in my vocabulary as a result of learning French has allowed me to more precisely express myself in English!  The better knowledge of English grammar I have now makes my writing more coherent and credible.

I now receive e-mails all the time from my friends asking me to proof-read and edit their writing (such as their essays, job applications etc).  This would have been unthinkable a few years ago! 

April 18, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed your article Stephanie. I recently decided to revisit learning French (http://sophiaworld.co.uk/japprend-learn/). I am happy that I have done so. I studied it at school, then forgot it as I have not used it in years. I always wanted to become fluent in a second language. I found your article interesting, especially the point about how it helps stimulate you brain learning another language. 

April 21, 2015

Actually, I used to study some French when I was in primary school. An interesting language I have to tell you, as well as Eng. I was keen on the pronunciation, culture and everything my teacher gave me. I really had a strong desire to go on my study, but when I grew up I nearly didn't have enough time then I dropped out. And it's pretty hard for me to learn French by myself because actually I'm not a very patient student. How sad it is!

April 21, 2014

Nicely put.  I couldn't agree more!! 

April 16, 2014

not enough

April 15, 2014