[Deleted]
Face blindness to chinese people?

Last night I saw a video, it's a reserch in a city of England, they asked some stranges  to point out who is the most handsome guy in ten pictures of chinese male stars. Well, most people said, they all look like in same one. I'm shocked, because it's the first I heared about the foreigners are totally face blindness to chinese people,hey you guys, is that true?

Apr 21, 2014 2:36 AM
Comments · 8

I think it has a lot to do with the amount of exposure to other races that you have.  I live in London which is very multi cultural and I am used to seeing people from all over the world.  I have never thought any particular people or race look the same and also having visited Hong Kong the thought that people looked the same never even crossed my mind.  

I am sorry that you read such an offensive piece of research but trust me when I say not all English people think like this. 

April 21, 2014

If you want to understand why this occurs you should read some of the scientific research done on how humans are thought to encode and recognise faces. In particular if you read about caricatures and face recognition. It is not about bigotry or intelligence. It is just how our brains work.

April 21, 2014

Really, that’s the first time you have heard this? Yes, it’s true, but, I think it’s because we are not used to this look. If we were around Chinese people more, I think we would see more of the difference. Our brains must be trained.

April 21, 2014

这不很正常么。

我很多时候也分不清西方人。没有冒犯的意思,黑人特别难分清楚。

April 21, 2014

This is what you call a sterotype!!! I have seen things like this happen so many times. I'm sorry, but when someone stats that someone looks the same they are usually to ignorant to think about someone besides themselves or they are plain out racist. I'm sorry you had to witness that. If you don't like that comment then you won't do good in the USA because people stereotype like this everyday. 

I'm not trying to be mean I hateful! I'm just stating my opinion to her because I've been through many situations like this because I'm a minority on the USA even though I am American, but I'm black. 

April 21, 2014
Show more