[Deleted]
I don't want to be rude, but...

... the last saturday, I watched the American film "August" and I listened the word "horseshit" but in that situation, I usually listen "bullshit"... My question is, What's the different between both of them?

Horseshit --> Stupid?

Bullshit --> Lier?

Thank you people

Regards

Dani

Apr 21, 2014 7:24 AM
Comments · 4

Actually there is usually a subtle difference in usage, at least in the US. 'Bullshit' is used to describe something false or misleading:

"That article was total bullshit" ... "He gave me a bullshit reason" ... "His answer was bullshit"

'Horseshit' tends to be used to describe something ridiculous or nonsensical:

"What a load of horseshit" ... "Can you believe that horseshit?", etc

Anyone who has served in the military will recognize 'chickenshit' as meaning rules or regulations that are unreasonably petty or unimportant:

"The captain made our lives miserable with his obsession with chickenshit details"

April 21, 2014

They means the same.    Indeed,   the common usage,  to  indicate that somethnig said is entirely False,  is to refer to it as   Bull.

However, there is no objective limitation to the language.  It can also be expressed as Horse Manure.

Chicken manure is also used in this way, to show that what is being said is entirely false.

Sometimes just say;  "That's Baloney!"     Meaning  "bologna"  the meat product, which is to say,  something  "false".

One can be as creative as one wants in this regard.  You could say   "Donkey Dung"  or Hamster Poop if you like. Cite any creature you want and be creative.   It adds color to our expressions.

If you like you could say;  "That's Octopus Shit, man!"

If you use those expressions, and people laugh, you will know that your remarks are  considered factual and true.

April 21, 2014

Thank you Bruce, your note was very funny :D

I will write it down...

Regards 

Dani

April 21, 2014

Thank you Walter, your description was vere clear.

Regards

Dani

April 21, 2014