Wheatley
What's meaning of Hz in Russian ?

Some of my friends sent this word to me,I asked them what it means, and they just answer"I don't know" Ahhh...I was quite confused why they said this word that they don't know?   And it's more confused that everytime I ask them what it means they all just answer "I don't know or I'm not so sure" ..   It's strange and I dare not to ask what it means again... Till months before when I search about Russian jokes, I saw this :

Ученые долго думали - в чем измерять частоту?

Так и не придумали.

Вот и пишут - Hz.

LOL! how foolish I am))) !!haha,  that Hz means "I don't know", haha,just soooo funny )))) 

Apr 21, 2014 10:47 AM
Comments · 5

Its cussing, Хрен знает

April 21, 2014

Не знаю.

April 21, 2014

This is a short way or some sort of a euphemism to say a phrase of a foul language in Russian. The full version is "хрен знает" which can be translated as "only the devil knows". :) I don't recommend you to use it though, it may sound rude. And I strongly don't recommend you to use the first word in your speech.

April 21, 2014

Ученые долго думали - в чем измерять частоту?

Так и не придумали.

Вот и пишут - Hz.

this anecdote is a play on words Hz is an abbreviation from one abusive words and words to know. together -"no one knows" , but this is a so bad expression)))) The first word of "H..." - means dirty word))) Sorry for my English ))) Good luck :) 

April 21, 2014

Yes, that is the abbreviation of "хуй знает", which literally means "dick, that is, penis knows", but that is just another way of saying "I don't know" in Russian. In fact, that expression is very rude and girls rarely use it, I have to say.

April 21, 2014