Ranoom
What should I focus on when learning French ?

I'm going to start learning french on my own soon, but I admit that I'm afraid of failing or facing difficulties. I don't know from where I should start or how to memorize things . If you have any tips/ or advice please share.

Thanks in advance .

Apr 21, 2014 10:12 PM
Comments · 5

Remember this when you start learning: it doesn't matter if you aren't fluent within a day! You are allowed to make mistakes. Just choose small goals for each day, and actually start spending at least a few minutes a day learning the language. Keep it fun!

Another idea: stick notes on everything in your house with the French names on them.

And this: make a list of useful words and sentences (the basics) and learn a few of them each day. Try speaking out loud (when you're alone) and describe what you are doing.

Try watching movies/tv shows you know very well in French to get used to the sounds. Try repeating some of the words.

The best advice I can give you is on this website: fluentin3months.com. That guy is awesome! On the website he gives a lot of useful tips that have really helped me out.

I hope this helps!

April 23, 2014

"Another idea: stick notes on everything in your house with the French names on them" From Gianna

I'd just like repeat again this tip, it's very helpful. I'm using this one it makes me learning with ease vocabulary because that are things that i use all days. So i memorise this automatically. It's a good idea :)

I don't know if you enjoy it but you can try Disney movies in french language with english dubs. 
 If there is something i understand to learn a language it's listen and listen and listen. 

Hoping it helps you.  

April 23, 2014

Thanks everyone! That was very helpful. :)

April 24, 2014

i think it's not very difficult, it depends your level in french, if you can undersand some words you should listen and listen lot of podcast wich they speak a correct french

otherwise, you need to learn basic language and after practice it.........

for me,  english is my third language, and my level is not bad but i must speak speak more and everyday i learn new words, sentences..........

April 23, 2014

Reema, i'm learning french too and have very dificults to memorize Some words. when You find a right way, talk to me please. kisses

April 21, 2014