Site Feedback
Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

Does listening to Korean songs help in learning the Korean language?

Been addicted to CNBLUE's songs (and Jung Yong Hwa ^^ heheh) lately and I've been trying to make a cover of some of their songs for a few days now. Will it help in improving my Korean language skills?

Share:

Comments

I think it definitely does! The main thing the songs can help with is pronunciation (especially in songs like I'm a Loner where there's rapping/talking ;P), but a lot of pop songs also use similar phrases. So you might pick up a few phrases here and there the more you listen!

Yeah! I'm a Loner is the first song that I studied. :)

Listening might help, but actually singing does help.

and not sure if this commercial site might interest you

http://www.verbalplanet.com/learn-korean.asp#

If you find a song with clear vocals, please post it here.

I agree they can help with pronunciation and learning words, especially when certain words are repeated over and over. BUT be careful, I was told by a language partner that most kpop songs "destroy grammer rules".

I agree with Carey. Most modern English language Pop songs would have you saying "wanna" instead of "want to". I have no idea if that applies to non-English songs.  You might have to find older, traditional songs.

Add a comment