Mais
If you could choose a language to be as your native language what language would you choose?

I think I'd choose Spanish language . It's a romance , rhythmic language and I like it .

Apr 25, 2014 2:34 AM
Comments · 48

Roman that is wrong, some countries have more than 1 official language and persons aren't native in all official languages.

"First language (also native language) is the first language a child learns which usually corresponds to the ethno-linguistic group with which the individual identifies culturally. For example, a descendant of Portuguese children will more easily adopt the language that their parents use due to its origins. In certain cases, when the child is raised by parents (or others) who speak different languages, it is possible to acquire mastery of two languages simultaneously, each of which can be considered the mother tongue, then configures a situation of bilingualism."

I know persons have 3 native languages, so "Where do you wish to born" can be another discussion, all my friends from ukraine are natives in russian and ukrainian and they didn't born in Russia. Some persons from Miranda do Douro (Portugal) have 3 native languages...

Native language is the language you learn in your childhood.

July 9, 2014

Bunty, someone at italki once asked, "If you could choose one language to magically speak fluently overnight, which would it be?"

My answer was sanskrit. 

There are concepts and ideas in sanskrit that you can not say in any other language, but my impression is that Sanskrit had more words than many modern languages combined, so doesn't it take "magic" to learn sanskrit?

June 24, 2014

I have learned Russian, but I know it

June 15, 2014

I am really envious of bilingual Singaporean.So I choose Chinese and English.

June 15, 2014

I will keep my native languages and I will add Ukrainian or Russian for stay with 3 native languages

May 21, 2014
Show more