What the most popular idioms in English language nowadays?
That is a very broad question. Can you narrow it down a bit? What subject would you like idioms on?
Some about characters or situations of people. For example in russian we have one ridiculous idiom. "Toad sat on the throat"- it is mean when person have wish and money on their realization, but greed inside him so strong, that he will not allow to himself spend money on this wish. :)
there are loads of idioms nowadays but : .Piece of cake ..Hit on some one / some body I hear these like every day :))
I'm not a native English speaker but I've noticed that "come on" is used a lot
"that's sick" (for things you like)
That's the only modern one that anyoone has mentioned!
Pain in the neck. Golden hand-shake. Couch potato. Black sheep. Corodile tears. In a nutshell. Raining cats and dogs. Easy going. light hearted.
- Learning Chinese Through Writing.
- What do you think?
- How different is Mandarin used in Taiwan and China?
- Learning Article : What Is Fluency?: Exploring Different Types
- Things I don't understand
- Best Mongolian resources
- Best Armenian resources
- Hello everyone!!
- Accent: the least important, the most cared for!
- Do you know how to change your life?