What the most popular idioms in English language nowadays?
That is a very broad question. Can you narrow it down a bit? What subject would you like idioms on?
Some about characters or situations of people. For example in russian we have one ridiculous idiom. "Toad sat on the throat"- it is mean when person have wish and money on their realization, but greed inside him so strong, that he will not allow to himself spend money on this wish. :)
there are loads of idioms nowadays but : .Piece of cake ..Hit on some one / some body I hear these like every day :))
I'm not a native English speaker but I've noticed that "come on" is used a lot
"that's sick" (for things you like)
That's the only modern one that anyoone has mentioned!
Pain in the neck. Golden hand-shake. Couch potato. Black sheep. Corodile tears. In a nutshell. Raining cats and dogs. Easy going. light hearted.
- Presure ( comment or revise)
- Absolute beginner Japanese kik buddy
- Hi - new joining request
- I need new friends English group
- Talking about my favorite food
- Small talks
- which food do u wanna taste?
- I'd like to learn the french poet in the movie" Green card" played by Gerald Depardieu