Renê
British vs American

What english language sounds more beautiful in your opinion,British or American?

May 9, 2014 10:41 PM
Comments · 41

That will be tough to answer due to all the different dialects and accents that both languages have.  For instance, in the US someone may love the "southern drawl" but hate the "Boston brogue".  On the British side, how does one compare a Cockney accent with a Scottish accent?

May 9, 2014

There are so many different dialects in America: there's North-Eastern(New York, Pennsylvania, etc.), the South Eastern(Georgia, North Carolina, etc.), South (Texas, Oklahoma etc.), Central(Idaho, Michigan, etc.), West coast (California, Washington, etc). And that doesn't even count the "city accents" like Philidelphia, Staten Island. Long Island also has it's own accent. I live in New York and there's at least 3 different accents just around people that I live close to (Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Long Island) I don't think it's fair to compare! If you're talking about different dialects, it'd say there's mostly just three, South, Hawaiian, and everywhere else.

May 10, 2014

I guess is British language , because it is more correct.

May 9, 2014

English sounds beautiful? Hahaha I am not trying to badmouth my native tongue (New England American English) or British English either but I think most Americans would say th

e Romance languages like Spanish, French, and Italian sound prettier and are the languages of love. Sorry for not listing Portuguese or Romanian. I know they are Romance languages too but I don't think people really get exposed enough to them to know what they sound like.

May 10, 2014

Every accents are beautiful :)

May 10, 2014
Show more