Learning Article : First Things First: Begin With Japanese Verb Tenses
Discuss the Article : First Things First: Begin With Japanese Verb Tenses
When you first begin studying Japanese, what should you study first? Vocabulary or grammar? Well, I recommend that you study verb tenses first. If you concentrate on memorizing all of the verb tenses (there are actually not that many), you’ll really start to speak Japanese.
I agree with you, that grammar is an important point in language learning. I am currently teaching myself and I see most textbooks do not really focus on grammar. When I studied Japanese, most textbooks gave structures, but did not explain why something is like it is. When I later studied Japanese at university the focus lied only on grammar. The first time I really understood why Japanese functions in the way it does (why is taka.kat.ta an adjective, but grammatically it behaves like a verb etc...). In everyday language learning this would go to deep and confuse the learner. But vocabulary and grammar are the most important things a beginner should try to manage. Thanks for your article on the Japanese tenses.
Thank you Rudravarman san! I hope the artcile helped you somehow.
- interest to learn spanish and to speak on skype
- What is the way for learning a foreign language you think it is the best?
- Need help please!
- Inspirational Biographies
- Learning an instrument- like learning a language?
- What kind of festivals that you have?national day? Christma?Spring Festival?
- Another aspect of the ban
- Can we talk about idioms many native english speakers use?
- Please, help me with translation:
- 交換語言 Language exchange