Site Feedback

Classical Latin

Does anyone here study Classical Latin?

Share:

Comments

I used to study it by myself, but I couldn't find anyone with whom I could chat!  The Pope lives a bit far away from me =P

I also study it by myself, and it has so far been pretty hard for me to do it all on my own without anyone with whom to discuss the progress that I'm making, or the difficulties that I'm encountering in studying it. So perhaps you might want to join me in a virtual club of lonesome students of Latin...

Have you ever checked any of the forums?

https://sites.google.com/site/soyouwanttolearnalanguage/latin

@SINA Many thanks for the link.

Sure, it would be cool! Try to read some Ceasar?

I will return to studying Latin in the future I think...At the moment I'm already trying to take on too much (learning German, and trying to maintain French and Chinese!).

It was tremendously useful to have already learnt the case system in Latin when I started to learn German!!  So, learning Latin provides boons to learning languages outside the Romance family as well!

@adrian But the case system in German is not nearly as intricate as that in Latin, which, in turn, is somewhat less "baroque" than that in Greek.

Patrick:  I have some teaching materials on Latin, but I don't really work with them now.

What I do work with are books and study materials on Latin (and Greek)  Roots,  Prefixes and Suffixes.

@Bruce When it comes to teaching materials, I'm pretty good, too; but when it comes to likely interlocutors with whom to interact with on all things Greek or Latin, I'm yet to find anyone willing / eager to talk with me about it.

Patrick,  when I first started on Italki, a couple of years ago,  there were several teachers on Italki  offering  practices  for Latin.

I have had such a heavy teaching load in the past,  tutoring students in English about 50 hours  a  week in English, that I have very little time to practice any language besides English with others.

Classical Greek  and Latin  have a specific reference to Biblical Scholarship, and in that regard,

you might look to Christian  sources for some assitance.   Stay in touch if there is something more that I can do for you

Add a comment