Site Feedback

about differents laws in other countries.

Hello everyone! I would like to ask something about laws in US.
what do you think about guns in US?
I ask this because today, my friends and I, we were talking about it, and we had differents perspectives about it, in my personal opinion I not agree with the liberty with guns in US, for me this is no the solution for the problems with insecurity, why you need an arm for be safe? if you need it, that is a really solution?.
I respect the laws in different countries, and I just want to know differents opinions of other people... by the way in Mexico there is a expresion about difficult topics like this: "topics as sports, politic and religion, never has an answer".

have a nice day (or night)

Share:

Comments

There are many different views on this subject.  Unfortunately, the issue was decided early in our country's history and was included in our Bill of Rights.  The 'right to bear arms' was passed as the second amendment (change) to our constitution.  It is very difficult to repeal (remove) an amendment, especially one that has a long tradition.

As far as opinions are concerned, I feel like the second amendment was reasonable at the time it was passed.  However, times have changed and the threat of another armed revolution is not very serious.  In more recent US history, big social movements have occured as a result of relatively peaceful demonstrations and appeals, rather than violent revolutions.  Guns are no longer necessary to ensure that people are being heard by the government.

Unfortunately, repealing this amendment would require overwhelming support across our country.  At this time, people are more divided on this issue rather than united.

I don't think permitting possessing own guns isn't proper. As you can see, enen if without guns, devils still can harm ordinary people in other ways. But without guns, the defend ability of good people will become weak. After all, not everyone has the kongfu equlity to Bruce Lee. Be faced with bad guy, they    don't have enough weapons to protect them and their families. This is my opinion. Use them properly, manage them strictly.

As someone who grew up in the Southern U.S.A., It's scary, in some ways, to see someone with a gun, but also quite normal. I think the question isn't if they are good or bad because it's in our constitution and I personally don't believe they'll go away, but rather why is it so easy to get them. I still don't have an answer for this and with big organizations such as the NRA, we're all in for a huge battle over gun ownership. I think most can agree, though, that some measures should be taken to stop crazy people from getting firearms. 

Guns in the US: It’s not likely that everyone owns them, with or without gun owning registries to the NRA. This is to my point of view a feel free of misery nature that isn’t solving anything, to some extent it’s reassuring. I think no citizen should depend on a government by reassuring statements, this can cause more and more dependence.

If shooting incidents occur: At least downsize security measures by a local committee which is elected by its locals, that should be more relative when issues will arrive, than applying them on a whole nation, which subsequently would lead to long debating for having legislative changes to rock solid laws, like the amendments that has been there for ages, this will reduce government taxes, because it saves work.

They’ve websites containing the information of reports of any incidents, where it will be marked a location on the map. That’s a good transition: people can be aware themselves now, and alerted of the dangers of certain neighborhoods, before thinking of passing through those streets that has a bad reputation.

Government with an open attitude towards his citizens is always better than a government hidden information from the public.

Creo que los ciudadanos comunes deberian tener el derecho a poseer y portar armas. Un genocidio cometido por un gobierno corrupto contra ciudadanos comunes y corrientes no puede suceder si los ciudadanos comunes están bien armados. "Una sociedad armada es una sociedad educada." - Robert A. Heinlein. 

It is the responsibility of the government to ensure the security of the life and property of it's citizens. That's why we have the police and other law enforcing agencies. However, if the government fails to keep it's citizens safe, then the only other option left is to let responsible citizens of the country keep guns for the protection of themselves and their families. However, that is not the ideal situation as guns in the hands of the public is more likely to be misused. 

There have been several incidents of gun violence in the US in which a person with a licensed gun went on a rampage and killed many innocent people. Therefore, ideally, the government should ensure the security of it's citizens and people should not be allowed to keep guns, unless it's an exceptional case.

I ask this because today, my friends and I, we were talking about it, and we had differents perspectives about it, in my personal opinion I not agree with the liberty with guns in US, for me this is no the solution for the problems with insecurity, why you need an arm for be safe? if you need it, that is a really solution?.---Carmen

The difficulty with your thoughts on the subject is that  you do not know the history behind the Constitutional guarantee  regarding the right to keep and bear arms (The Second Amendment).

The legal right was offered to   protect American citizens from their own government.

"Insecurity" as you specify it,  is not objectely the issue.  Such a conclusion is an ambiguation of the facts.

You indicate that the right to bear arms is not   "the solution".

That is problematic in multiple contexts. 

(a) You do not indicate what the problem is, which necessitates the right.

(b)  You do not indicate  how  unlawful (or immoral) force is to be met.

(c) Historically,  all people who back down or disarm  in the face of tyrnally, 

sacrifice their  freedom.

"It is the responsibility of the government to ensure the security of the life and property of it's citizens."-----Zeeshan Shaikh

You have no objective data,  in the context of Jurisprudence in the United States, supporting your conclusion.

.  It is in fact,  false.  In the United States,  government derives its power from the consent of the governed.  You should know the facts of American Law, prior to commenting.

Personal opinions are not probative in law. 

I'd be very worried if I lived in a society where only soldiers, the police, and criminals have guns.  :( 

I think it's important for every mentally sane person to own a gun.  :)  The Swiss were well-armed and they were not invaded by Nazis.  :)  The Jews in Nazi Germany didn't have guns and they were massacred.  :( 

One fundamental problem with gun control laws is that such laws are obeyed only by people who are lawabiding.  A person who is intent on committing a crime such as murder, home invasion, robbery, or rape, will not hesitate to violate gun laws.  Society is then left with evil people who are armed, and lawabiding citizens who are left defenseless.  

Truly, if anyone can explain to me how gun control laws will deter hardened criminals from acquiring guns, I would like to hear what you have to say.  I will consider your argument carefully and in good faith.

One more thing.  Many, if not all, of the Presidents, Prime Ministers, Party leaders, and other high-level politicians who clamor for gun control are themselves well-protected by armed bodyguards.  So are their families.  It is you and your family whom they expect to be defenseless in the face of a deadly criminal attack.

Add a comment