Working as a translator?
Hi everyone! I have a big question for you.
How much should a translator earn?, for example for a business trip.
I'm asking this because someone I know is going to hire a translator but he has no idea of how much the service can cost and neither do I, so I'd be grateful if you can help me with this. Thanks!
To be honest it really depends on the country, company or person involved and level of expertise the translator has. Here in Ecuador, in Guayaquil there is a major lack of 100 percent fliuent American born speakers of the English language, so companies pay up to 300 usd for a few hours of work depending on the situation. Other times, I wouldn't be suprised to see someone make around 7 usd per hour doing it here, if a big international company is not involved. If I had to guess an average, I'd say roughly 15 usd on average for countries like Ecuador and Peru.
- Hi everyone! Are you reading others' English entries to improve your own English?
- Enghis and Spanish
- Quiero Tarea
- Childhood Memories and Children's Day
- Обучение русскому бесплатно!!! Если ты англоговорящий...
- Why I can't use Skype
- How about Panama City in Florida, USA
- Do you have multiple accounts on site like this?
- What do you do in your free time?