Gregory
Learning Article : Understanding The Present Perfect Verb Tense In English

Discuss the Article : Understanding The Present Perfect Verb Tense In English

<a href='/article/169/understanding-the-present-perfect-verb-tense-in-english' target='_blank'>Understanding The Present Perfect Verb Tense In English</a>

One of the unique features that distinguishes English from many other languages is its perfect verb tenses. And, let me tell you, they are a thing of beauty! That's right, there's no need to fear them, because they are quite logical and come in handy in conversation...

Jun 12, 2014 12:00 AM
Comments · 9

I really enjoyed your presentation of one of my favourite English tenses!

And the example with the thief made it very concrete!

June 16, 2014

Call me ignorant with typical Anglophone arrogance, but I reckon the English tense system stands out clearly in its intricacy compared to many other languages (much to the annoyance of learners!).

English is rarely/never cited as a beautiful language unlike Italian or French, but for me its beauty lies the precision it allows when expressing order/temporal aspects of events.

I've dabbled in a few languages from a range of different language families: Romance, Sino-Tibetan, Germanic, Austronesian not Slavic though (yet!).  For instance, many languages have only one present tense while English has three (I do, I'm doing, I do do), all of which have their respective nuance/subtelties.  I particularly appreciate the present progressive (I'm doing ) to really and simply stress the present instant moment!

I do realise that these ideas can be expressed with context in other languages, but there's something special about English because so much is "built" into the tense system!

June 12, 2014

It does not seem to be as difficult as it sounds before.

June 18, 2014

Short? Really? LOL

September 3, 2015

learn hindi here..with my hindi teacher.....http://c41fb-pz--khcogdm7z1wyfw1e.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=RHINDI ITALKI

June 21, 2014
Show more